The Ducezio palace, where the town hallis located, was built around the 1760. The hall called the Hall of Mirrors, oval-shaped, was enriched with ornaments and gold of Luigi XV style and sumptuous mirrors of the end of the nineteenth century. At the beginning of the thirties, for the occasion of the official visit of Umberto and Maria José of Savoia, Principi di Piemonte, the hall was restored by the painter Gregorietti.
Furniture was made by the master Dugo, craftsman of the company Franza. The central painting on the ceiling, attributed to Antonio Mazza, was created in the 1826, and depicts an allegory of Ducezio, king of the Sicilians, which an official site shows the genius of the mountain Neas Alveria. A site where, in the pre-Hellenic, should had been built the fortified city of Noto Antica, to defend themselves from the attack of the Greeks. In the side panels there are inscriptions that relate to the splendor of the city of Noto and expressions taken from Diodorus Siculus, Littara and Randazzo. On the left side there is also a telegram from Garibaldi to the patriots of Noto of the 1860.
The Hall of Mirrors is the reception hall of the city, and continues today to host delegations illustrious and prestigious events such as the signing of the Memorandum of Understanding between the Eight Towns and UNESCO for the creation of the cultural district. The hall was used to receive many heads of state. After closing in the nineties, after the restoration was reopened on July 14, 2001, on the occasion of the visit of the delegation of the Hungarian Government, the twinning between the town and Hungary, the two poets Sador Petofi and Joseph Cassone, it Italian translator of Hungarian poet. On that occasion, the Hungarian Government has given a marble bust placed in front of City Hall.